Download and Install Microsoft Windows 8 (First Public Beta)
Those of you keen to get your hands on Windows 8, their waiting period is over, because today Microsoft has released the first public Beta version of Windows 8. This will be a great opportunity for you to try out exciting features such as Metro User interface UI and ground breaking tools like Windows store, Skydrive and so on. Window 8 is designed to run on desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks and tablets.
The download is offered as an ISO file that will need to be copied to a DVD or USB stick to be installed. The good news is you won’t need to have the latest, most powerful hardware to run Windows 8. The system requirements are quoted below.
Windows 8 Consumer Preview works great on the same hardware that powers Windows 7:
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device or higher
- To use touch, you need a tablet or monitor that supports multitouch
- To access Windows Store and to download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768
- To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768
Get Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO from here.
Stay in tunes as we examine this consumer version of Windows 8 more thoroughly. We’ll have a lot more to say in the coming days and weeks.
★ INNOLEA RECOMMENDS